5 Of The Most Common Real Estate Photography Mistakes
- To avoid focus issues caused by camera shake use a tripod for real estate photography! It is a cheap and easy way to improve any photo’s sharpness. Set the tripod at chest height for most interior shots. Real estate photography of kitchens and baths may require a higher vantage point.
- Put that junk away! Decluttering your space is essential. Put personal items away, don’t leave things sitting on counters or in corners, put that car in the garage and remove any boxes or other non-essential things from View.
- No real estate picture looks good If the building is crooked. Open your camera settings menu and turn the grid in the viewﬁnder on. When you are aiming and focusing use the grid on to make sure your horizon line is straight.
- Turn off that flash! Using a direct flash causes unsightly reflections on reflective surfaces. Instead, use natural and existing light. Avoid window brightness by locking exposure on a wall, floor or darker area of the room.
- If it looks like your shutter went off by accident, then chances are your picture is badly composed. When framing the shot, get as much of the space in view as possible. Avoid including too much ceiling or dividing the frame with a wall. Invest in a wide angle lens to capture more of the room (16mm-24mm).
The DSLR Advantage for Real Estate Photography!
It’s a fact! Listings shot with a DSLR sell for more money then those shot with a lower quality point and shoot camera. Don‘t even THINK about using your phone for real estate photography!
Original List Price -> Average amount more per listing when shot with a DSLR
Less than $200,000 -> $2,435
$200,000 – $299,999 -> $935
$300,000 – $399,999 -> $3,145
$400,000 – $499,999 -> $5,743
$500,000 – $599,999 -> $6,811
$600,000 – $099,999 -> $7,129
$100,000 – $799,999 -> $9,370
$600,000 – $899,999 -> $18,819
$900,000 – $999,999 -> $16,834
$1,000,000 and over -> $116,076
Contact Lake Norman Photography for your next listing and sell your Lake Norman real estate faster and for more money!